IIT-HOME has achieved a new landmark with 458 students from the institute qualifying JEE Main. These students are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2017 to be conducted on 21st May 2017. 426 among the 454 students have qualified JEE Main in general category, while 32 students have qualified the exam in reserved category list. This is the largest crop of JEE Main qualifying students ever achieved at IIT-HOME and ever produced by a single institute (single centre) in the city from the two year integrated program at a single centre of the Institute.
- Durgesh Agrawal who has secured All India Rank 124 is the topper from IIT-HOME. Durgesh who has scored 315 marks out of 360 is expected to be the 3rd city topper from Nagpur.
- Himanshu Bhoyar, the second topper from IIT-HOME has secured AIR 145. Himanshu is also the OBC topper with AIR 15 in the OBC category list. Himanshu has also scored a total of 315 marks in JEE Main 2017.
- Akhilesh Ganeshkar, the third topper from IIT-HOME has secured AIR 414 with a score of 295 out of 360. Akhilesh is also the SC topper with AIR 6 in SC category list.
- A total of 3 students from IIT-HOME have made it to the top 500 students in the country. 6 students have secured AIR under 1000, while a whopping 32 students made it to under 5000 AIR.
- Nilaja Bhende with AIR 129 in ST category list is the ST topper from IIT-HOME, while Pooja Mate with AIR 3801 in general category list is the girl topper from IIT-HOME.
The general list cut-off for JEE Main 2017 was declared to be 81, which is considerably lower than 100 last year. The cut-offs for OBC, SC and ST category were 49, 32 and 27 respectively.
IIT-HOME Managing Director, Ms. Nisha Kothari said at the official declaration of results, that students have surpassed our expectations delivering excellent results both quality wise and quantity wise. Our students are committed to JEE Advanced preparations aiming for better results in the second level.
Two students deserve a special mention in the JEE Main 2017 results of IIT-HOME. Paras Patil, the son of an electrician – working as an electric meter reader for electricity distribution company, have secured AIR 130 in the SC category list. Siddhant Patil, whose father is a lab attendant in government polytechnic institute has secured AIR 140 in SC category list. Both these students from meagre economic background had received Means cum Merit Scholarship at IIT-HOME in the form of relaxation in fees. Paras and Siddhant are sincerely preparing for JEE Advanced and have bright chances of securing admission to the prestigious IITs.